Sunday, January 20, 2013

Goodreads synopsis:Tally Youngblood is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait for the operation that turns everyone from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to party. But new friend Shay would rather hoverboard to "the Smoke" and be free. Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world and it isn't very pretty. The "Special Circumstances" authority Dr Cable offers Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever

Uglies started of pretty slowly. It continued to be boring for the next half of the book. I didn't read it as quickly as I read books that I'm hooked on. Nothing in the first half of the book really interested me or captivated my attention. Then it finally started getting exciting. Mayhem started to rise and things got interesting. I thought the story line and main idea of Uglies was brilliant; I just think that if another author played around with it and wrote it differently then it would have been better. I thought Scott Westerfeld did a very good job with the character personalities and the setting. Again, the main idea of the book was great! By the end of the book i was getting very excited and the end was a cliffhanger!!! Now I really want to read Pretties just to know what happened! Even though the book wasn't all that great I'm still going to purchase Pretties. Great job Scott Westerfeld, you're getting me to buy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment