Friday, November 30, 2012

Girl, Stolen by April Henry

I took a break from my normal distopian book and decided to purchase Girl, Stolen. I was glad I did. It's not my absolute favorite book of all time, but it was very good. The genre of the book was a little fuzzy because it could fit many categories.
I thought the characters were all relateable yet completely new in their own way. Besides being blind, main character Cheyenne is a relatively normal and common teen. When I started reading I thought that her being blind was going to be corny and unrealistic. I was very wrong because it completed the storyline! Cheyenne was accidentally kidnapped by a teenage boy that was trying to steal her step-mother's car. That is obviously where the title comes from. Griffin, the accidental abductor, was a very realistic character as well. When they spoke I could hear their voices clear in my head as if they were real. Griffin's father was definitely the easiest to visualize! He is a grubby, dirty man that steals cars and sells them for a living. I was constantly seeing stained tank tops on him with chest hair peaking out of the top. I thought that April Henry's character names were also well thought out and realistic.
The setting of Girl, Stolen was also easy to picture. It's mostly at Griffin's home (partly a junkyard). I thought the scene of the book was well thought out.
If your looking for a mystery/thriller or anything that will keep you begging for more I would check out Girl, Stolen by April Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment